Pages

September 10, 2013

Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes

Hi guys! So this is my first post on my blog The Sweet Cuizine. I'll start by saying that my name is Brianna and I just absolutely love baking cupcakes. It is my absolutely favorite thing to do in the world. But I don't just bake cupcakes....I decorate them too or at least try to. Anyways I'm going to be bringing you all the different flavors the world can offer in cupcake form. But I won't stop there...I'll bring it in cake form , lollipop form, cake pop form, and other types of sweets too. 

To start this blog off, I thought I'd pique some of your interests with a taste of a childhood favorite, that ooey gooey peanut butter and jelly sandwich that your momma used to make for you when you were in elementary school. 

But instead of just making a sandwich, I made it into a cupcake....... sounds delicious I know. So to start I made a peanut butter cupcake and then after it was baked I cut a hole in the middle of the cupcake and slid some yummy grape and strawberry jelly into the middle. Finally I made a peanut butter buttercream frosting and frosted the top to make a delicious peanut butter and jelly cupcake that has all the components of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and looks fantastic. 

Bon Appetit-as the French would say! 

THE RECIPE

Peanut Butter Cupcakes
  • 1 and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 8 Tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
  • 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 Tablespoons milk
  • Your favorite flavor of jelly or jam
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line 12-cup muffin tin with liners. Set aside.
Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. With a handheld or stand mixer, cream together the peanut butter, butter, and brown sugar until light and fluffy; about 2 minutes on medium speed. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then add in vanilla. Scrape down the sides as needed. Slowly beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing until just combined. Do not over mix.
Divide batter evenly between 12 cupcake tins. Bake for 23-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool before filling the cupcake.
Cut a hole in the middle of each cupcake about halfway down and take out piece. Then with a spoon or piping bag with tip, fill the hole with your choice of jelly or jam. Then cover with frosting.

Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting

  • 1/3 cup solid vegetable shortening
  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 4 cups (approx. 1 lb.) confectioners' sugar, sifted
  • 4-6 tablespoons milk
Cream shortening and butter with electric mixer. Add peanut butter and vanilla. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add milk, one tablespoon at a time, and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Finally, frost your cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts good or bad :)